On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:07:07 PM UTC, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

> All,
>
> In a computational reality everything consists of information in the
> computational space of reality/existence, whose presence within it gives it
> its reality. By taking place within reality these computations produce real
> universe results.
>
> All this information is ultimately quantized into a basic unit I call an
> R-bit. Thus all of reality is constructed of different arrangements of
> R-bits.
>
> Now the basic insight is that R-bits are actually just numbers, let's call
> them R-numbers to distinguish from the H-numbers of human mathematics which
> are quite different.
>
> This means that the actual numbers of reality are actually the real
> elemental constituents OF reality. Numbers make up reality, and everything
> in reality is constructed only of these R-numbers. R-numbers = R-bits.
>
> This neatly addresses the problem of how there can be abstract concepts
> such as number that describe but aren't an actual part of reality. In this
> view there can't be, since the actual numbers of reality are the actual
> constituents of everything in reality.
>
> As Pythagoros claimed, "all is number", in the realest sense possible.
>

> Now what do these R-numbers look like?
>
> 1. Every R-number is exactly the same as every other R-number. They are
> fungible or interchangeable. They do not exist in any sequences such as 1,
> 2, 3 ... They don't have ordinal or cardinal 'tags' attached to distinguish
> them. There are not different numbers, or different kinds of number. All
> numbers are exactly the same.
>
> What human H-math calls ordinal or cardinal characteristics of number are
> not intrinsic to R-numbers themselves, but are relationships between
> R-number groups and sets. These concepts are part of R-math, not
> characteristics of R-numbers.
>
> 2. R-numbers are finite. The universe contains only some finite number of
> basic R-bits, and since R-bits are themselves numbers, the number of
> numbers in the computational universe is finite. There are no R-number
> infinities.
>
> 3. The only R-numbers that exist correspond to what human H-math would try
> to think of as the non-zero positive integers up to the finite limit of
> R-bits in existence. There is no R-number 0, no negative R-numbers, no
> fractional or irrational R-numbers. These are examples of how human H-math
> generalizes and tries to extend the basic relational concepts of R-math to
> H-numbers. It is by making these kind of extensions and generalizations
> that H-math diverges from R-math and thus has real problems in accurately
> describing reality.
>

> What does R-math look like?
>
> 1. R-math is the actual computations that compute actual reality that
> compute the real empirical objective state of the information universe.
> H-math, while originally modeled on R-math has greatly expanded beyond that
> [...]

This is as good as any of the other explanations of maths, maybe better
than a few too.

But all explanations of math share similar characteristics and all
are absent certain others. Most importantly I would like to say, is this
scourge of explanation for explanation  sake.

It's as if contemporary frontier scientists believe they are special to
speak even if they have nothing to show for themselves in genius. Their
explanations for explanations sake are somehow more glorious and
tittilating that the explanations of Edgar or the bloke waiting for the
number 29 bus of a Saturday morning. But on what grounds, assuming the
bloke at the bus stop has an explanation that doesn't produce anything, and
what's his face that just knocked out a book about the infinite infinity of
mathematics that doesn't tell us anything new about mathematics or the
nature of reality or even infinity except that his one is apparently the
biggest one yet. On what grounds?

I've produced a theory of the nature of maths, and my predicts and
overhauls, and maths actually becomes corrected in the course of the
process. Not corrected in some philosophical sense, but in a sense that
unleashes new potential and opens up new horizons. I'm not saying it's
right, but it predicts and can be falsified, so who cares if its wrong. At
least I had the courage to make one that nailed its colours to something
hard.

I need help completing on it because I want the maths components to be
first rate. Unbelievably I've actually managed to get myself into a process
of discussion and if he is sold, formal collaboration, to bring the theory
to fruition. And him one of the worlds top most decorated mathematicians.
How ace is that chuck :)