________________________________
 From: "spudboy...@aol.com" <spudboy...@aol.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: The solar example of a town in Germany

>>Can you do the same with London in the UK?
Yes

>>Can you produce 4 times more than it consumes Tokyo?
Yes

>>Can you do this at night, and can you do this during times of rain and
>>snowstorms?
Electric energy can be stored. Utility scale electric energy storage is
advancing very rapidly. So, yes.

The article wasn't clear. A coal plant or a uranium plant can do quite a bit of
this also, and transmit the excess electricity to other towns and cities, on a
7 x 24 basis. If, for any reason, we cannot do this with solar, then..? Also,
what is the cost per kilowatt. I have heard that solar has made great progress
in the last several years with with efficiency and cost-price.

The cost per kilowatt -- for complete installed systems -- is starting to get
close to parity with the cost for electricity from coal. In ten years from now
solar will be far less expensive than coal electricity.