On 1 March 2014 04:59, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> It does. You cannot fake electricity. You cannot fake electric current. If
> you are depending on solar power for 20% of your electricity supply, and
> the rest for coal, because coal is reliable on a 7 x 24 basis, you can only
> rely on solar for a slim fraction of electricity. You haven't solved the
> problem in a technical manner, all one is doing is employing solar for a
> fraction of total electricity consumption, to make ones self "feel" better.
> This is not engineering, it is ideology- a faith movement to make one
> "feel" better, without providing clean power to power one's civilization.
> How long must we wait for miracle power sources, if the shadow of Climate
> Change is overwhelming us all? It is politics and not health, and not
> engineering that is driving this issue, right?

I don't see what you're saying here. Indeed, you appear to be contradicting
yourself. If solar provides 20% of your power, it provides 20% of your
power. There is nothing faith based about that, assuming it's a fact (e.g.
about 70% of New Zealand's power is provided by hydro, on average - that's
not faith, or a miracle, or a conspiracy, it's just a fact).

If solar can provide X% of your power, on average, then that means only
100-X% has to rely on fossil fuels. Hence you can reduce your fossil fuel
usage by that amount, and provide that much more of a distance between
civilisation and any future effects of pollution, climate change, and
resource depletion.

Sorry, what don't you understand here?