On Friday, February 28, 2014 5:32:48 PM UTC-5, Liz R wrote:

> "If it's all math, then where does math come from?"
>
> Strange to say, elementary maths just appears to be a fact. That is, it is
> a fact that 1+1=2.

These shapes appear to be letters and words also, but they aren't. All it
takes is a small chemical change in your brain and 1+1 could = mustard.
Even in a completely normative state of mind, 1+1 = 2 doesn't apply to
everything. Once cloud plus one cloud equals one large cloud, or maybe one
raining cloud. Math is about a very specific aspect of sense - the sense
which objects make when we count them. That sense is abstracted into a
language which extends it beyond literal objects to virtual objects, but no
matter what you do with math, it has no subjective interior. It's about
doing and knowing that is desired by what which is already feeling and
being. Doing and knowing by itself, if such a thing could exist, would be
information, but it could never feel or be anything.