>>  If you repeated the cloning experiment from Figure 8.3 many times and wrote
>> down your room number each time, you'd in almost all cases find that the
>> sequence of zeros and ones you'd written looked random, with zeros occurring
>> about 50% of the time.

There's something strikes me as very strange about this idea.

Tegmark's method is just a means of writing down binary sequences.

Being strict, already with binary sequences just 4 digits long, only 37.5% of
those contain half zeros. This drops the longer the sequences get. So, with
sequences 6 digits long, only 31.25% contain half zeros. With sequences 8
digits long only 27% and with 16 digits only about 19%.

If his experiment continued for a year, (365 digits) many people would find
that either room 1 or room 0 was dominating strongly. For these people a change
in room would seem very odd, a glitch in the matrix that wouldn't be of any
great concern vis a vis prediction once 'normality' kicked back in the
following night. For others, a change in room would occur at regular intervals
and would seem very predictable. There would be the guy who changed room every
night. There would be all the guys whose room changed every night except for
the one time when it stayed the same. A little glitch is all.

In truth, the longer you continued the game and the more people got involved
the less chance a person would have of finding room assignment random at all.
There would be increasingly few people willing to bet 50/50 on a particular
room assignment.