>> Naah.  The *fractional* deviation from 50/50 keeps going down as 1/sqrt(n).

You'll have to explain further because it keeps going down. And at 4 digits its
already well below 50% And at 16 digits its already below 20%. If you're
generous and say at 16 steps half the people will experience 'roughly' 50% ones
or zeros, already 50% will have one or the other dominating.

That seems to me to be a far cry from what Tegmark describes.