On 4 March 2014 14:07, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> Look at it this way, unless you are very rich and contribute tons of cash
> to politicians, we will probably have no influence on this issue. If I had
> my wishes I would like fund the building of unsinkable (like the Titanic)
> cities and wildlife sanctuaries on the oceans. It would be for both people
> and forests and fauna. But that dream is way above my pay grade, and such.
> A geek's fantasy I'll call it.

That's certainly how things appear now, but it's always possible someone
might pick up an idea like that and turn it into reality. Hence poets being
"the unacknowledged legislators of the world" and the pen being "mightier
than the sword" - people with the power to do things can only do them if
they've thought of them (or more likely, if someone else has).

Which brings to mind Robert Anton Wilson's "Ten reasons to get out of bed
in the morning."