> On 10 Mar 2014, at 4:30 am, ghib...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Although I have very little good to say about Malcolm McLaren he did arguably
> launch a whole new musical experience with the Sex Pistols, a type of music
> which had until then only been underground (Rezillos? B52s ?) but bubbled to
> the surface when Rotten et al appeared on prime time TV swearing away. The
> world was never the same.

I lived through it and was even more the same after it. With all due respect,
you are saying that something musically significant happened here but I only
ever heard "racket and rubbish" from Johnny Rotten. I mean, he called himself
rotten for a reason. He was. He was musically as rotten as festering shit. What
was musically significant about the Sex Pistols? I mean, concerning the actual
elements of music. Things like pitch, rhythm, harmony, melody - all that core
stuff. His music shows no skill whatsoever at those things. But then he didn't
even write his own music because he was too off his dial most of the time. None
of this precludes the distinct possibility that you, as I myself still do, find
vastly entertaining, listening to the Sex Pistols very occasionally. I often do
listen to music I really hate if only to realise why in ever more glory that I
love the music I really do love...

Feel free to hate this post creatively in some way. McClaren would have.

Kim