________________________________
 From: "spudboy...@aol.com" <spudboy...@aol.com>

>>I hopefully, wouldn't think that there's a tea party or libertarian view of
>>science. The libertarians, unless I am wrong, are 100% pro-science, many
>>atheists, and all that. Your 10000 extinction rate claim appears specious,
>>because if this was the case, not a tweet bird wouldn't exist, nor we be
>>doing the Everything List two-step.

Precisely -- that is YOUR GUESS. You are basically admitting that you are too
lazy to do the research and investigate the available public domain information
and data that exists, and that has been compiled for over a hundred and fifty
years or more with increasing accuracy and quantity of data over time. You
demonstrate a total lack of understanding of just how many species of life
exist on this planet -- hint it is far greater than the census of song birds in
your back yard.
What you just admit you did -- to form your opinion -- is not science, but a
shallow anecdotal impression your Tea Party addled brain feels comfortable
with.
Your opinion is worthless. And so is mine. Fortunately there is a vast body of
field data, of biological censuses taken over time. The figure of 100,000 times
the background rate of extinction is derived from this body of existing data;
It is also rather more rigorous than your anecdotal "certainty".
Do you really wish to continue making an idiot of yourself?

>>My guess is that whatever the human species is doing it is killing off lots
>>of fauna and plants, especially in the hungry countries that want their
>>people to live better, materially. Having said that, it isn't 10000 times
>>etc. If the greens were sane, and I submit they are all limbic,

More of your bovine (unsupported anecdotal)  opinions.... it must be very
self-affirming to live in this fact free world; where beliefs become reality by
being fervently believed.
Chris