On 3/25/2014 11:06 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On 26 Mar 2014, at 2:23 pm, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com <mailto:lizj...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

On 26 March 2014 14:57, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com <mailto:stath...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I agree but I don't think you need to refer to QM at all. The conclusion
would
    still follow in a classical infinite universe.

I don't see that, because you can subdivide classical states indefinitely (hence the space-time continuum) while with QM you only have a certain number of allowed states for some things at least (electrons and suchlike), and it's hypothesised this might also apply to space-time (I think it has to for this argument to work.)

The engineering tolerance of the brain must be finite (and far higher than the Planck level) if we are to survive from moment to moment, and that implies there are only a finite number of possible brains and hence mental states.

And so only a finite number of different possible worlds - assuming comp.