On 26 Mar 2014, at 02:48, Joseph Knight wrote:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:23:10 PM UTC-5, Russell Standish wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 07:34:56PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Unless, indeed, or just in part, but he acknowledged my work in some
> draft he sent me, then they disappeared in the public version,
> making him either a coward, or an opportunist or both. (Or under
> influence, as it is easy to defame to me to a physicist by saying I
> am wrong on Gödel, and to a logician that I am mad in physics (like
> "pretending that I "believe" in "parallel world", that's enough).

Which aspect of your work did he acknowledge in the draft? Was it the
FPI result?  If it was, he possibly changed it to cite Everett, who
conceivably was the first to come up with that mechanism for deriving
subjective indeteminism from a deterministic theory. That was the
implication in the video clip we watched recently. I wouldn't argue it
either way, historically.

That still leaves your FPI contribution as original in the
computationalist setting, as Everett is not explicitly
computationalist.

Everett is explicitly computationalist.

That is not so clear. I don't remember having found some explicit axioms, but he does assumes classical memories. As I said to Russell, we can find a more explicit allusion to comp in Wheeler assessment. I might look at this again, as I might have miss a paragraph, but that is not so important.

He identifies the observer with an "automaton" whose memory can be identified with some finite amount of information.

He just didn't carry the logic nearly as far as Bruno. (He was martyred anyway.)

OK.

Bruno

But for Max's purposes, he assumes the Hilbert space
is fundamental, so only needs Everett.

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Professor of Mathematics      hpc...@hpcoders.com.au