Obviously whoever that believes that there is the possibility of a
transformation of any kind and he deserve it, will think that there
are something or someone that is trying to steal him, since this
transformation does not arrive.

Then there is a dynamic that explain what happens with modernity:
revolution, paranoid repression, totalitarianism, war, restoration of
order, more revolutions etc.. but also the search for great advances,
in the hope to find definitive solutions for everything. And also the
hunger for news and novelties instead of the search for truth.

All the essayed in the past is rubbish, even the things that partially
succeeded , since that was not  completely successful.  The modern
admit no compromises since his non negotiable exigence is need
something definitive that eradicate everything bad and justifies his
own holiness and innocence, that is, a total transformation, a
resurrection.

Therefore all the past is evil, except those events that in the past
announced the  new ideology  in fashion. The modern is ever rewriting
history to redecorate morally whatever in the past according with the
new hopes.

That also happens in his own life: The modern is born every morning..
without history. He reinvent itself. Today he feels that some sect or
ideology is the solution to all his problems. tomorrow he read
something about some diet, at the next day, running is the answer. The
next day, if the sect does something bad according with the news, he
hates the sect where he was member, but he does not feel that he
shares the charge for being part of the sect in the past. On the
contrary, he hates the sect for stealing him time before knowing what
he know now: the definitive solution for everithing, whatever it is
today.

That is specially true in the case of women. They are prone to be
influenced much more than men, besides the suffering that this vital
insecurity causes herselves.  For this reason, they are the preferred
targets of advertising, political campaigns, evil sectarians and every
kind of  flattered, manipulative men.  That is the dark side of the
feminist ideology.

Another dimension of modern religions are the return of magic an the
cult to personality, since the material dimension does not fulfill the
human nature. But that is another long post.

--
Alberto.