On 12 May 2014, at 00:52, LizR wrote:

On 11 May 2014 20:24, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
Evolution did not produce consciousness, nor intelligence, no more than prime number and computations. All that exist in arithmetic. Evolution produced brain, which filter adequately consciousness, and makes possible for person to manifest themselves relatively to each other.

This is one of the aspects of comp that I have great trouble with. How is it possible for a brain to allow consciousness to manifest itself?

?
For the same reason that our computers allows them to manifest themselves at a space-distance right now.

If consciousness exists in arithmetic (or something like that) why aren't we experiencing all sorts of weirdness, rather than the appearance of a stable material world, and the appearance of brains being somehow responsible for consciousness?

That is *the* excellent question. That is the normal state of minds at step seven and eight.

The main part of what I try to convey is that problem.

To solve we have to verify is, in principle to show that the normal stories, without too much white rabbits, are more 'numerous', or dense in the limit (of the first person stable FPI statistics).

The best way to do this, is to look at the logic of the points of view, and normally they should define a quantum solution, in which white rabbits can random phase out. Then the arithmetical theaetetus definition suggested already the presence of a quantization, and a triple of quantum or quantum like logic.

(This seems a bit reminiscent of the idea that God created the world last Thursday, with all the memories, evidence of earlier times, and so on included.)

Below your substitution level there is an infinity of universal numbers which competes to make your conscious experience stable. Physically false or true will mean physically probable in the consistent extensions provides by the "winning" machines. The "moment" is not arbitrary, and not so important. It is the topologies ascribed to those extension-neighborhoods, and their relative measures, which are important. We can extract them from the abstract, but translatable in arithmetic (and so rather concrete too) definition of points of views (the future []p, []p & p, etc.).