On 5/12/2014 3:36 PM, LizR wrote:
On 12 May 2014 23:53, Kim Jones <kimjo...@ozemail.com.au <mailto:kimjo...@ozemail.com.au>> wrote:

    > On 12 May 2014, at 12:05 pm, John Ross wrote:
    >
    > He (Stephen Hawking) believes science has become too complicated and we
need a
    theory that can be understandable in broad principal by everyone, not just
a few
    scientists.

    Are you quite sure that was Stephen who authored that thought or Stephen
saying what
    his book publisher put him under intense pressure to say? Recall that
Hawking's
    books have been hailed as some of the most purchased and the least read (and
    understood) of all science writers. I think I gave up on his legendary
"Brief
    History of Time" after about page 45.

Shame on you. You will never understand the mind of God! :-)

Richard Feynman said that if we really understand something we can print it on a t-shirt and explain it to freshmen. Historically, scientific theories tend to be messy and muddled when they are first put forward, e.g. Heisenberg's matrix mechanics, and then they get cleaned up and become easier to understand later.