All of the charges in all atomic nuclei are point particles (tronnies).  The
net charges in all atomic nuclei are all positive (I am not including
anti-particles, where the net charges are negative).  Inside the nuclei the
point particles are arranged  so that stable nuclei are stable.

In the simple proton there are 11 point charges: a high-energy electron which
is an electron combined with a high energy entron and two positrons.  The
electron is comprised of two minus charges and one plus charge. The entron is
comprised of one plus  charge and one minus charge and each of the two
positrons is comprised of one minus charge and two plus charges.  Thus, there
are in the simple proton eleven charges, six plus and five minus charges.

The proton is held together because the Coulomb forces within the proton are in
equilibrium.

Typical protons also are comprised of additional entrons, each of which has one
plus charge and one minus charge which does not change the net charge of the
proton.

John R