On Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:16:22 PM UTC+1, John Clark wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM, <ghi...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > What you seem to be doing John, is trying to make a position that
>> something is equal across distinct domains (like computers and humans)
>>

> Yes, that is exactly precisely what I am doing.
>
> > that involves implicitly or otherwise dismissing both the reality of
>> difference in the current status of how major layers of hard knowledge has
>> in respect of, here 'intelligence' AND the accumulate characteristic
>> reality of knowledge that it is layered and that layers are typically
>> independent on some or other sense, and therefore robust in and of
>> themselves.
>>

> Do me a favor, read the above aloud and then ask yourself if you really
> expect others to understand what in the world you're talking about.
>
>   John K Clark

You are absolutely right IMHO that's an appalling paragraph. It so happens
I did for once read through, and did identify that exact paragraph. So, I'm
hoping that you like me found the other parts comprehensible. I considered
a follow on post re-stating that one, but because all I was doing was
summing up what I'd said, I thought I'd risk you'd not need it. But what
I'll do here is not only restate it, but restate in more science-convention
vocabularly.

Obviously bear in mind there's a context you'll have to refresh yourself on
in what I'd said first.

So, in that paragraph I was summing up that:

In making your argument that the current problem of intelligence was equal
between computers and humans:

- You ignore how many independent fields and lines of stand alone evidence
exist in those fields with respect to intelligence

- In doing so, apart from the problem of doing that on its own terms:

- you ignore the historic cumulative fact of robust knowledge that it
features distributed layers of related yet on some measure independent
fields of knowledge

Does this help?