War is surely a drain, but often the lack of covalent violence often costs
hugely in the number of lives lost and yes, suffering. Simply look at the
policies of the last 2 American chieftains. One was bad, the newer one, awful.
Simply cast your eyes to the goings of in Syria, and now Iraq. View with open
eyes the policies of Boko Haram, in Nigeria, and earlier, today in Kenya.
Things are clearly worse now, then 7 years ago, internationally. It reminds me
of the isolationist policies of the 1920's and 30's that appeared to encouraged
war, and mass murder. This was a rightist phenomena, as a reaction, not only to
the First World War, but the US President, Woodrow Wilson. A man praised by
liberals and Marxists of the time for his wartime suppression of constitutional
rights. One historian called it (kindly) "Democracy at bayonet point." Wilson
was a law professor, I recall, and so was BHO at the U of Chicago. Things are
rolling out of control, and as always, there is a cost to be paid.

My wholly, Imaginary, campaign,  at least with the Islamists (not their Liberal
enablers) is a 3 pronged approach. One would be energy liberation from
hostiles. We, no buy. We can do this, but our leader doesn't approve. Secondly,
and the most baffling to everyone in the world, is a focus on the afterlife.
Why? Because this is what gets the other fellows out of the bed in the morning,
The Shahada. The prayer affirming Allah as the "true God, the permission to die
in battle against enemies of Allah, and last to be rewarded in the next world
for the sacrifice and privilege, of dying as a shaeed, a martyr in Allah's
battles. Last, is the military option. The enemy, see's Allah smiling upon them
when the win, and lashing them when the come a cropper. Its complex, but
knowing what the other fellow thinks opens up options. The dry diplomacy has
its uses but doesn't hit the target. This is just me, mind you, reflecting on a
big, big, problem. Will this sketch ever see the light of day? No.

Your last statement you might consider re-thinking. because oceans no longer
protect. The ICBM missile technology dates back to 1966, as MIRV'd weapons go,
back in the days before microchips, and better telemetry. What I fear is a
decapitation attack that eliminates command and control from a government. No
nation that I know of has a really good chain of command, when their capital
disappears. This includes the US. North Korea, Pakistan, Iran, along with China
and Russia (likely) are priming the fission-pump, for fun and profit. DC and
NYC go toasty, watch most of the world capitulate. My way of war fighting,
depending on the enemy and situation would not be about holding the land, but
about hitting the enemy with airborne attacks, and specifically drone attacks.
Just keep wearing away at the Jihadis. Eventually they see that Allah the most
merciful no longer smiles on their activities, and they seek a hudna, a truce.
This is the best I can hope for if point 1, and 2 are not tried. On that point,
it will never be done, because its not conventional thinking, of guys in suits
and ties, who will let run us all.

If I was an American I would be totally against any more wars that cost
American soldier lives and drain the we th of the country, based on what you
are saying above.....firstly for military reasons. You have spoken of the need
to fight wars, but not actually said who against. Not in terms a military
campaign can be planned around. I mean I'm not saying you need to decide an
actual strategy

But there are generic questions that need to be answered by anyone who things a
war should happen. Like...for you.....you want to send soldiers into harms way.
What goal are hundreds or thousands of those young Americans laying down their
lives for? The answer to that is not principle, what is the situation on the
ground in the wake of war, and what are the reasons why that situation + the
realignment of local power structures, is worth those lives and the cost? ,

What you said above, the Jesus/AI line: Firstly it doesn't seem like the US
needs to fight these distant wars. Theres no problem on the American continent
and the US has oceans either side. What is this survival threat, and what sort
of calculations are you doing that you believe young soldiers should die by the
hundred or thousand to secure? What is the payback?