On 17 Jun 2014, at 19:03, meekerdb wrote:

Quantum effects in belief.  Can comp explain this?

I have not the time look at that definition of belief, but actually (this is not a confession, I have already explain this, but probably not so lately) a consequence of the loss of the necessitation make the comp quantum logic into a belief theory (in the sense of Dempster- Shafer).

Comp is close to Fuch and Pauli and Heisenberg: the wave describes relative belief state.

But I have stop to look at those who see the quantum directly in term of beliefs, as it does not fit well neither comp nor the quantum, it is only "quantum" in a very weak sense.

Now, why do you keep asking me if comp can explain this or that, when my contribution is that comp leads to the *necessity* of explaining matter from mind, and mind from arithmetic?

I submit a problem, translate it in arithmetic, and begun to solve it.

You might ask yourself can "non-comp" explain this., but that might be trivial in the paper which I might read later, the week-end for example.

About the K paper, please notice that when you have two semantically equivalent theory for some representation, the most informative one will be the one with one more independent axiom. That is why S4Grz is more interesting than S4, it provides more constraints for the class of all models, despite both are complete and sound for intuitisonistic logic. So only K would be very poor (in case Z1* would have collapse into K). It would be less dramatic than getting just Classical propositional logic, in which case physics would be empty, and all laws of physics would be contradicted somewhere in the (still) physical universe: everything would be geographical. With K, physics is no more empty, but with Z1*, normally we get the whole physics (with some help from S4Grz1, and X1*, so that many internal nuances are possible. Also the Z and X logics are graded (which is welcome), and as I realized recently, finding an arithmetical interpretation of the dyodorean formula <>[]p -> []<>p in the Z1* logic, might make sense, and even gives some hope to justify dimensionality, relation between knots and space (and gravitation).

It just hard to interview the machine on GR and compare.