On 04 Jul 2014, at 10:36, LizR wrote:

On 4 July 2014 18:16, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
This kind of classification is fine as far as distinguishing believing god doesn't exist from failing to believe that god does exist. But it is still ambiguous because it assumes that "God(s)" is definite. I don't believe that personal agent type gods exist; but I'm on the fence about some creative principle or unnamable truths that some people would like to call "God". I believe that theist (e.g. Abrahamic) gods do not exist.

I comment Brent first, here.

OK. fair enough, but even if the God of the theists does not exist, he might still have important relationships with the Plotinus ONE, or even with the notion of arithmetical truth as pointed too by a machine.

In all texts, I take what is convincing, and let what I don't understand for further reflexion.

And here I comment Liz:

OK. Although string theory almost certainly predicts that they exist somewhere (but not in our corner of the multiverse).

Really? I doubt this. Daemon capable of imitating God might be prove to exist, in both some QM-GR theory, and in arithmetic, but for God itself, I am afraid it is more transcendent than any seemingly being in any realm. In the terrestrial (effective) realm, you can't distinguish God from the Devil. The most which can make (G*- non communicable) sense is that you eventually remember who you are, being God, or the Devil. It is the only way you might be able to differentiate them.