On 11 July 2014 00:54, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> As I understand the MGA it assumes physicalism and then purports to show
> that computation still exists with minimal or zero physical activity - it
> evaucates the physics and keeps the computation.

For heaven's sake, Brent! This is what you originally said to Liz.
What you're referring to is Maudlin's argument. It's the *opposite* of
my understanding of the MGA, which seeks to show how physical action
can be preserved unchanged even in cases where the original
"computational relations" have been completely disrupted. I spent
several paragraphs describing this with additional examples. You then
commented this with "I agree with all you wrote", which led to some
further discussion based (as I thought) on this understanding.

Your comment above now leaves me hopelessly confused. I would be
grateful if you would review our recent discussion and clarify what
you do or do not agree with in my analysis.

David