On 24 July 2014 04:42, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I hope you are not confusing the MV multiverse with the Everett MWI
> multiverse
>
> It seems that John Clark is.
>
> There should be an Everett style multiverse embedded in the string
landscape universe. That is, one in 10^500 of the string landscape
universes happens to have the same laws of physics as ours, and 1 in a
very, very large number of THOSE is identical to this one, or maybe differs
by a single particle's spin. This gives us, at humungous distances, an
identical multiverse to the one the MWI does (assuming being in identical
quantum states means actually being identical, as I believe it does). Plus
if our "bubble" in the string landscape is infinite (which I think it can
be?) then it *itself* contains a MWI style multiverse, at rather smaller
distances - maybe a mere 10^10^70 light years, or whatever!

So we get a "redundant infinity" of identical universes ("infinity squared"
? Or cubed, even, given the three different ways these can arise...? (Not
that that's any larger than plain old countable infinity, of course!)).

Excuse me, I have to go and lie down now.