On 8/14/2014 3:19 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
Sniping may have sophisticated pejorative connotation in English, but it also happens to be appropriate for provoking responses, or pushing people's buttons on fundamental question, while pretending to discuss some other topic, like MGA in our case.

For two weeks now, I've read what appear to be not so subtle jabs taken at mystic, platonic, immaterialist kind of position; with you always going "what?", when queried.

So does it offend you that I take jabs at mysticism and platonism? I thought I'd been quite up front that I think some things happen and some don't and if you're going to explain the world you need to explain why this and not that. That's why I asked Bruno if he thought the UD could produce a Newtonian world.

Incidentally see plenty of jabs at materialism on this list.

First I reacted, guessing you were being grumpy... then everything kept on business as usual, until gradually the image emerged that I'm not the only one who has felt this lately or is being oversensitive/defensive. Doesn't mean I'm right on this, just underlines that there might me more to your posts of late than meets the eye of "devolved discussion".

If you want to roll out the fundamental discussion yet again, than it would be kind to let someone as obtuse as yours truly know, as I try to parse your lines in this thread as relating to MGA and repeatedly hit walls.

It's seem like you (and Liz) have a complaint that I don't have some fixed world view that I'm proposing and defending and which I'm obliged to explain.

It's not transgression of some rule, it's as Liz states "a politeness thing", which you usually observe. PGC

Sorry.  I may intend to be critical, but not rude.