>> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > As of todays nobody has shown how consciousness works
>>>

>> And what reason do you have to believe that consciousness has anything to
>> do with solving NP complete problems in polynomial time?
>>

> I don't, and I didn't say that. What I said if only you could read, is
> that what could render computationalism false is iff consciousness depends
> on a non-computable feature of reality whatever it is (and of course
> unknown to us for the moment). NP hard or complete are not a problem,
> because NP problem *are* computable. You just affirm that nothing in the
> reality is non-computable, and that consciousness is a computational
> process... I don't know it, I think it is the most probable... that doesn't
> render it true... but for it to be false, it requires some aspect of
> consciousness to be non-computable.

For your information such "non-computable" feature could be "primitive"
matter, as Peter Jones liked to point out... "primitive" matter to be
understood as what renders something real (as opposed to something that
doesn't exist)... positing "primitive" matter in that sense would prevent
consciousness to be only a computational object, by requiring it to be
implemented in (primitive) matter, as such differentiating abstract
computations as not real, non existant, and matter implemented computations
as real... that also means that all of math per se is inexistant, only math
currently implemented in matter is real... that's what Bruno calls an
ad-hoc move to save materialism and computationalism.