On 14 Nov 2014, at 23:18, Russell Standish wrote:

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 01:33:15PM -0500, John Clark wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014  Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

OK, I will accept that information cannot be communicated faster than the
speed of light. However, even in single particle EPR experiments MWI
requires the creation of two particles for every one particle. That doubles the energy requirement. Considering the total number of particles created
in the huge number of interactions resulting in what MWI calls new
universes, where does all this extra energy come from. Personally I prefer
to believe in the conservation of energy than MWI.

The conservation of energy is not a law of logic, according to Noether's theorem it's just the result of the laws of physics remaining the same during different times, and in any universe where physical law is the same in different parts of it there must be a law of conservation of momentum. The laws of physics remain the same in different regions of spacetime in our universe so we have both those conservations laws, but there is no
reason to think they would remain the same throughout the entire
multiverse, and thus no reason to think those conservation laws are
fundamental.

The Multiverse equivalent of conservation of energy is unitarity of
the evolution of Schroedinger's equation. Or equivalently, that the
Hamiltonian is Hermitian.

I also like to point out that unitarity is also equivalent to
conservation of information, or in other words "if something can
happen, it will happen, somewhere in the Multiverse".

I don't see the relation between conservation of information, and everything happens in the multiverse. It is more that if something happens, noone can make the trace of it disappearing.

The null universe with state the null vector conserves information, but nothing happens to it, even from inside.

Best,

Bruno

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders