On 11/18/2014 5:00 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 17 Nov 2014, at 21:13, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/17/2014 2:55 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
The bible explains better (if we assume it is correct)

And if it isn't correct it doesn't explain anything. Which is why science seeks to test correctness prior to explanatory power.

Ideally, or FAPP, perhaps.

But fundamentally, science cannot test correctness, not even define it properly.

Are you saying that a theory cannot be tested an found incorrect??

Science can test only relative consistency (actually, only relative
inconsistency).

That's more of a problem of logic and armchair philosophizing. They can only check the consistency of theories with one another. Science checks empirically. I know you deprecate empirical tests because they are always theory dependent - but it is a matter of degree. Since you defend the exact correctness of conscious experience you must recognize that a theory that wrongly predicts experience is probably fallacious.