On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 18:41, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Nov 2014, at 17:06, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>>> !

>>> Then why the "?" ?
>>>

>>> Probably because I did not parse well the sentence above, and the term
>>> "world" is a but fuzzy in this context. But I guess we are OK.

>>> Every physicist alive uses both Heisenberg's Matrices and Schrodinger's
>>> Wave;
>>>

>>> OK, and other pictures and formulations of QM too.
>>>

>>> none use Positivism or any other school of philosophy because no
>>> philosophical franchise is of the slightest help in doing what scientists
>>> want to do, figure out how the world works.
>>>

>>> I disagree. The collapse axiom, which is still in amost textbook, and
>>> which is used by bad pedagog to avoid hard question, is a philosophical
>>> axiom relying on a religious belief: the belief that there is only one
>>> physical universe, and that we are unique.
>>>

>> The collapse hypothesis is correct if we need to conserve the total
>> energy and information in the universe.
>>

>> From quasi zero information, you can generate without adding any
>> information, all informations. Just split an observer and put them in front
>> of 1 or 0, and repeat. Similarly, the MW (quantum) view of the vacuum
>> generates all the physically consistent possibilities, without spending one
>> bit. The collapse seems on the contrary to generate bit from nothing. But
>> the collapse is only in the eye of the partial subsystem, as we can read of
>> (the diaries) of the observer in the terms of the waves (this in any base).
>> I suspect it is like that for energy too.
>>

> Since MWI is deterministic, all possibilities that can possibly ever
> happen can be known ahead of time and stored in a 4 dimensional space for
> each universe. The actual physical space is recorded and embedded as causal
> lines in the 4D mathematical space. Quantum mechanic random selections
> during energy-conserving wave collapse make those lines fuzzy, but
> distinct, for the most part.
>

> The problem is that I cannot even understand what is the collapse, doubly
> so in the relativistic context, and it seems to me that it uses a lot of
> energy, because it erases a lot of information.

Wave collapse only conserves energy if the energy and its information can
be moved almost instantly from quantum state to quantum state. All of the
available energy is required say in the double slit experiment to put the
original photon back together. I have suggested that if wave functions act
like BECs, then BECs may be the basis a valid wave-collapse 'mechanizm'.
Richard