Democracy is rotten to the core and always was. Democracy represents the
greatest and most perverse failure of the human imagination possible. Democracy
enshrines argument and warefare as the only way forward in any situation where
values are competing. Attack and defence are the only buttons and levers that
democracy can pres or pull. The difference between democracy and other systems
is merely cosmetic. All human political systems are founded on the
hunter-gatherer mentality of "protect our tribe from other tribes" and there is
quite simply no further vision. Humans cannot escape their warlike nature with
clever intellectual sleight-of-hand. Governments are hampered by opposition
parties who see it as their sole responsibility to oppose everything the
government proposes, thereby bogging the process of change and improvement down
in endless squabbling and self-righteous justification. In other words, the
"best" system we have is one where you and I walk down the road side by side
and at every pace I try to kick you in the kneecap and you try to kick me in
the kneecap. The absurdity of such a system is mind-numbingly obvious. Humans
may finally realise that we would be maybe four, maybe five hundred years ahead
of where we are now for the price of the effort involved in devising a system
of parallel thinking to replace the global trait of adversarial thinking.

I'm not going to hold my breath though, waiting for this to happen. Humans are
never open to the idea that their biggest flaw is the design-deficient nature
of human thinking. Technology, science and art are the only games humans play
well. All of ther games played by humans end in tragedy and bloodshed.

Kim Jones