John,

    Hi.  What I was trying to get at is that the most fundamental unit of
existence and the most fundamental instantiation of the word exists is the
existent entity that is, I think, incorrectly called the "absolute
lack-of-all".  That is when you say "therefore nothing exists", what I mean
is that this "absolute lack-of-all" is identical to "something".  I'm not
sure how  trying to explain why a thing exists and why "nothing" is
actually not the lack of all existent entities but is instead a "something"
drains "exists" of any usefulness?
    Thanks.

                    Roger