People worry that one day machines will take over, and we will
become subservient slaves to their ends, that they will set the rules,
control the government, and be above the law.

We no longer need to fear that day because it already happened, quite some
time ago. These machines are corporations: self-sustaining, evolving (in
a Darwinian sense), hyper-intelligent, extremely-knowledgeable, immortal,
transnational, entities which see and utilize humans as mere cogs in their
own machinery. They are independently intelligent entities which we humans
think we control, but we no more control them than any cell in our body
controls our own personal actions.

Jason