On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:53 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> But according to your theory all that junk DNA should be eliminated.  It
> has no behavioral effect and so "evolution can't see it" as someone is fond
> of writing.

But the unit that Evolution works on is not the species or even the
individual it is the gene; and animal bodies are just the robots that genes
use to get duplicated. Some genes make for good bodies and so get
duplicated that way, but some genes are parasitic and do nothing for the
body they occupy, they take advantage of other genes good works. Parasitic
genes are far less stable than genes that actually make things. The real
struggle for existence is between genes not animals.

 John K Clark