On Monday, March 2, 2015, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 3/1/2015 6:10 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>

> On Monday, March 2, 2015, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','meeke...@verizon.net');>> wrote:
>
>>  On 3/1/2015 5:10 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>>
>> On 2 March 2015 at 11:20, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>

>>  MWI doesn't explain the probabilities.
>>
>>  So what would the probabilities be if MWI were true?
>>

>> Undefined.
>>

>  What would it be like to live in a world where probabilities were
> undefined? Can you reason that we don't live in a world with undefined
> probabilities and therefore we can't live in a multiverse?
>

> Platonists just don't get it.  Probabilities would be undefined by the
> theory.  They would still be defined operationally in the laboratory.

Are you saying that in a multiverse (a concrete, infinite Tegmark Level One
multiverse, for example) there is no way to calculate the probabilities
from first principles, but nonetheless we could be living in such a world
and would be able to measure probabilities experimentally?

--
Stathis Papaioannou