On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:46 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Do superpositions still occur in the MWI? I thought they were supposed to
> be branches (which are perhaps able to recombine) ?

In the MWI a branching can only occur if there is a difference between 2
universes, for example if a photon went through slot A in one and slot B in
another, but after it goes through the slits if the photons then hits a
photographic plate (or a brick wall) then the photon no longer exists in
either universe so they become identical again, so the universes recombine;
but the history that the photon went threw slot A only and slot B only
remain and this overlapping of realities causes the interference pattern on
the film. But if there were no photographic plate or brick wall the photons
would just continue into infinite space and the universes would remain
different and separate forever.

The great thing about all this is that unlike Copenhagen the MWI does't
need to explain what a observer or a observation is.

  John K Clark