On Wed, Mar 25, 2015  Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, when you measure the spin of an electron, you don't have memories of
> seeing spin up and spin down,

That is true you don't have such memories, but the electron does. Because
of this if you DON'T measure the spin of the electron but still want to
calculate what the electron will probably do next you MUST assume it is in
BOTH the spin up and spin down state. If you do measure it and then preform
the calculation things will get a very different result.

  John K Clark

> and never will, it's exactly the same as washington and moscow... You are
inconsistent... you won't acknowledge it, but it's perfectly normal as you
are inconsistent, bad faith is a symptom of that.

> Quentin
>

>> When a single electron is at the 2 slits the universe splits because the
the electron went through slot A in one and slot B in another. But after
that when the electron hits the photographic film (or a brick wall) there
is no longer any difference between the 2 universes so they recombine but
the information about the slots they went through is retained and this
produces the interference pattern.

>> This is also why we don't see weird quantum effects in our everyday
lives, in the 2 slit case the difference between the 2 universes is very
very small so it's easy to make them identical again, but if you make a
macroscopic change the difference is so huge it would be virtually
impossible to make them identical again so the universes could recombine.

>> Richard Feynman said that the 2 slit experiment incorporates all the
weirdness of quantum mechanics, and the MWI explains that weirdness, but if
you refuse to let the Washington Man and the Moscow Man recombine then you
could only analogize a simpler and much much duller version of that
experiment;  you fire electrons at two slits, and that's it. The electrons
never hit photographic film or a brick wall or anything else, the electrons
just continue forever into infinite space, and that doesn't even come close
to incorporating the full richness of Quantum Mechanics.

>> So if you want to use the duplicating machine stuff as a analogy for the
MWI you've GOT to allow the Washington Man and the Moscow Man to recombine.

>>  John K Clark
>>

>> --

> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)