Assuming there isn't a future discovery that supernovae operated
differently in the early universe, then yes these results mean dark energy
isn't as powerful as thought, but it's still there. I'm not sure what the
flatness measurement indicates, in terms of global
deceleration-vs-acceleration. Is this like the way we used to think of a
flat universe (one that is exactly balanced between expansion and collapse)
or has flatness been redefined? I wouldn't expect a universe with a
cosmological constant to be flat, but hyperbolic. (Or is that idea a bit
exaggerated?)