On 30 Apr 2015, at 03:00, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> What a shame companies like INTEL IBM and Apple have wasted trillions of dollars in building hardware when if they had just asked any undergraduate student they could have told them how to make a computer without using any matter or energy or momentum or spin or electrical charge or anything else that is physical. Bruno you really need to start your own company, you'll be able to sell Bruno brand computers far cheaper than your competition that still makes them out of old fashioned matter and still make a big profit. Unlike those other companies you don't have to build your computers in China, in fact you don't have to build them at all, so your manufacturing costs would be zero! And think of the convenience of a smartphone that isn't just thin but takes up no space at all in your pocket. I predict that just 6 months after your new company's IPO you'll be the world's first trillionaire.

> You need the physical to implement the computer in the physical reality.

If additional steps, steps that you has conspicuously not specified,

You told us that you stop at step 2. The steps that you need are just steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

are required to turn mathematical truth into physical truth

This is vague, and literally impossible. We don't turn mathematical truth into physical truth. We explain the appearance of physical truth by the first person invariance for "digital replacement" in the arithmetical structure.

then clearly physical reality is more than mathematical reality,

It is explained why arithmetic seen from inside (by the creatures emulated by the sigma_1 sentences) is bigger than arithmetic. In the long version in french, I explain more on this by using model theory and the Skolem "paradox"/phenomenon.

it has everything mathematical reality has plus something extra.

It is an internal aspect of mathematics, well, of arithmetic.

UDA explains that the difference of physics and math is a matter of "pronouns" or "first/third person points of view", and the many different possible use of pronouns (first person, first person plural, third person, etc.) is explained by the difference of logics between p, []p, []p & p, []p & <>t, []p & <>t & p, with p sigma_1. UDA explains why, and AUDA (Arithmetical translation of UDA) explains that incompleteness justifies entirely the nuances between those views, once we use the standard definitions---already brought by the (greek) philosophers. Some ancient and modern argument against such definition are refuted by incompleteness (cf what I said about Gerson, if you have read those posts). It is incompleteness which makes the logic of []p quite different from the logic of []p & p, for example. We don't have for all p []p -> p in the logic G1 ([]p), and but we have it for the logic of []p & p (S4Grz1).

Bruno

 John K Clark