Let's say I have no objection to anything technical done to remediate AGW
except regulation aka serfdom.

-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, May 7, 2015 9:40 pm
Subject: Re: Michael Shermer becomes sceptical about scepticism!

On 8 May 2015 at 11:59, spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Color me deeply suspicious. A engineer named Vannevar Bush said, "the validity
of a science was its ability to predict." Bush also thought that guided
missiles carrying hydrogen bombs were decades away, circa 1955. Bush might have
been thinking of astronomy, or radio physics, aka how many neutrons does
thorium have, etc. The batting average of the climate scientists have been very
poor for prediction. So much so that a German climatoligist warned against his
fellows acting as spear carriers for the progressives-I am paraphrasing. I
think you are familiar with my opinion to head for a solar solution, but I
detest being lied to so as to further politicians desire for power via more
regulations but no energy change implemented. Do you remember the Hubber Peak
of the last 30 years as proposed by spokespersons of the progressives,
worldwide, academics, etc?? That too, was an unholy exaggeration, savy??

All very well, but these only      were predictions -      now they're
observable facts, unless an awful lot of agencies, researchers, etc, are lying.

Climate science appears to have done the same as evolutionary theory - gone
from a point where the theory was contentious to a point where the      details
are contentious, but the underlying theory is beyond reasonable doubt.

Don't forget, this stuff isn't new. It's had a long, long time to be tested and
checked, and if anyone was going to disprove the science, they would have done
so lnog ago. The greenhouse effect was postulated in 1824, had become fairly
uncontentious by 1900, and its effects have been verified extensively since.
(And as a footnote, environmentally minded scientists have been around for just
as long - in 1917 Alexander Graham Bell predicted that unrestricted use of
fossil fuels would cause the world to warm up, and advocated a switch to solar
power. Thomas Edison said something similar in the 1930s, iirc.)