Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 13 Jun 2015, at 00:10, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Bruno Marchal wrote:
It is weird that John Clark does not intervene here to say that Bruce Kellet would be a millionaire if he was able to make a rock computing ...

Where do you think Intel get the silicon for their chips...?

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! That is what you mean by a rock think?!? Then ... I am still not OK. It is no more the rock that do the thinking than it is the transistor of the computer running Deep Blue which win the chess game. It is the program defined at a higher level. The fact that the computer use transistor is simply not relevant, even if accidently and ciontingnetly, transistiors were used. It is not part of the program "Deep Blue".

C'mon, Bruno. It was a joke. :-)

Bruce

Here, you do Searle's confusion of level error. RA can emulate PA, even ZF, like I can emulate the brain of a chinese person, but that does not mean I am the one having the thought of the chinese person. I am just the low level processor, and it does not do the thinking. (by definition of the machine substitution level). Likewise, RA can emulate PA proving the consistency of RA, but this does not mean that RA can prove its own consistency.