On 4/30/2017 6:24 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

I am inclined to think that consciousness = existence. Perhaps it's
such a simple and fundamental thing that it becomes almost impossible
to talk about it.

Consciousness is the 1p feeling that there is something real. I am not sure why consciousness would be existence. There are things which exists and are not conscious.

Consciousness is more what we need to give meaning to word like "meaning". It is on the semantical side, like truth.

These questions are not so mysterious if you ask, "How will I make my Mar Rover able to learn and behave intelligently." Then you see that it must be able to run simulations which include a Mars Rover, one with same goals as itself.