On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
wrote:

​> ​
>  If you take the wave function seriously, then you take
> ​ ​
> seriously that qubits really do exist in a superposition of states,
> ​ ​
> and this explains the exponential increase in computational power as
> ​ ​
> you add qubits to the systems in certain configurations. I guess you
> ​ ​
> can accept superposition and deny many worlds, but I would say that it
> ​ ​
> is quite an awkward move.

Actually you can do Quantum Mechanics without making use of the wave
equation,
​ ​
Heisenberg
​ ​
found a way of doing it about 6 months before Schrodinger discovered his
equation. Both methods produced the same answer but Heisenberg's way was
more abstract and for most (but not all) problems the calculations were
more complex. Most physicists decided Quantum Mechanics was abstract and
complex enough as it is so Schrodinger's Wave Equation is usually their
first choice.  In the same way if you were a working stiff who made his
living writing quantum programs I suppose you could try to find the bug in
your incomplete program
​ ​
by
​ ​
visualizing
​ ​
Copenhagen, but I think you'd get
​a ​
better
​understanding of how your program works and the errors in it by​
 visualizing Many Worlds.

  ​John K Clark​