On 31 Aug 2017 18:52, "Terren Suydam" <terren.suy...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 7:19 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017  Terren Suydam <terren.suy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> ​>
>>>>

>>> ​
>>> ​>> ​
>>> Which ​ONE
>>>
>>> ​"*THE​*
>>> first person perspective
>>> ​" is ​
>>> Terren Suydam
>>> ​ referring to ​
>>>
>>> ​"*THE​*
>>>  first person perspective
>>> ​" in Moscow or
>>> ​"*THE​*
>>>  first person perspective
>>> ​"  in Washington or
>>> ​
>>> ​"*THE​*
>>>  first person perspective
>>> ​" in Helsinki?
>>>

>> ​> ​
>> The one about to enter the duplication machine. What happens when you
>> simulate that person's first-person experience?
>>

> ​If he's about to enter the machine but hasn't yet done so then you're
> simulating the Helsinki man. The simulation shows that IF the Helsinki man
> is rational (and he might not be especially on matters like this, in fact
> most people aren't as this list proves) then the Helsinki man expects that
> very soon TWO people will remember being the Helsinki man but neither of
> them will be in Helsinki. What else do you want to know, what else is there
> to predict? ​
>
> ​
>
> John K Clark​

Let's dumb it down and forget about prediction and rationality for the
moment. Let's say instead of making two copies, we're just dealing with a
teleporter that destroys you in Helsinki and duplicates you in Barcelona.
Let's just focus on what your inner experience is like as you progress
through the duplicator.

You enter the duplicator - in Helsinki let's say the duplication chamber is
red, and you notice this. Then the duplication happens and you open your
eyes and the walls are now blue, since the chamber in Barcelona is of
course blue.

Do you have any problem with any of this?

And so, you too cross the event horizon.....