Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM, Brent Meeker<meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 1/25/2018 4:20 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> A brain, if this is confirmed, is a consciousness filter. It makes us
> less conscious, and even less intelligent, but more efficacious in the
> terrestrial plane.

But a little interference with it and our consciousness is drastically
changed...that's how salvia and whiskey work.  A little more
interference and consciousness is gone completely (ever had a concussion?).
    Consciousness seems very emergent to me, in its nature and its dependence
upon a substrate (perhaps not necessarily material at the fundamental level)
upon which its temporal braided web of patterns can be structured, maintained
in focus, stored, recalled, and re-imagined. Although also an incredibly noisy
place (like a huge room with walls that reverb filled with people all talking
at once, in reference to the signal to noise ratio of the crackling network of
a hundred billion very chatty neurons) the brain, and hence the emergent
conciousness arising within the complex topography of our minds is sensitive to
becoming altered and even disrupted. As anyone who has ever had a few too many
drinks can testify. I find it interesting how the brain, the highly folded
physical neural cortex and the still poorly understood connector and glial
actors in this organ of self awareness... how we experience the exquisitely
serene experience of our emergent being and are spared the utter cacophony that
is the actual electrical manifestation of our being within the wet chemistry of
our brains (most of us at least, schizophrenia sufferers not so lucky)-Chris