If someone else can explain the problem that John Clark see, let him or her
helps him.

All points below have been answered, and is full or trick to makes things
looking more complex, and simultaneously omit the definition given.

This concerns, the step 3 of the Universal Dovetailer Argument accessible here:

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHALAbstract.html

You might print the slide to have an overview of the 8 steps. I do the 8th step
rather differently today.

Ask any question.

I think John Clark do just very bad philosophy, asking impossible but
irrelevant precision, once we use the definition given. I have never met
someone not understanding this more than four years (yes some other people took
some time, but once they got he pont admit that it is indeed a really simple
and obvious point.

The 8th step, as I do it today, is more demanding in computer science and
requires the understanding that the notion of computation does not require any
assumption on physics, nor in metaphysics.Computation is not just a
mathematical concept but a concept that can be defined in elementary arithmetic.

Bruno