On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 3:54 AM 'Cosmin Visan'  <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> So ultimately they are not "artificial", but natural, grown through
> biological processes, not assembled in a factory. Then they are natural and
> are not made of atoms, but are made by invisible natural processes that are
> also responsible for the workings of consciousness. I think this fact must
> be stated out clearly: biology is not made out of atoms!*

I agree that biology is about processes but you have to ask yourself what
is being processed? The only answer is the way atoms are arranged, and it
doesn't make any difference if the atoms are of carbon or silicon if the
process is the same. Saying an AI can't be conscious because its brain is
dry and hard and not wet and squishy is as silly as saying another human
can't be conscious if his skin color is different from mine.

 John K Clark