> On 22 Jul 2019, at 15:26, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 5:46:25 AM UTC-5, Cosmin Visan wrote:
> I think you make the old age confusion between epistemology and ontology.
>
> Can anything be known without a brain knowing it?

A brain cannot know anything, I would say.

Only a (first) person can know, and a brain can make a person manifesting
itself, and its knowledge, relatively to you, but eventually, the brains that
we can observe, like any piece of matter,  is better described as a map of the
local histories you can access with great probabilities relative probabilities.
Indeed, that is similar to the electronic orbitals, which describes the map of
where the electron(s) can be found if you decide to measure their positions.

Bruno