On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:27 AM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> On 8/15/2019 5:06 PM, Bruce Kellett wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:25 AM Lawrence Crowell <
> goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I started reading this. It looks similar to the PR box argument.
>>

> I have skimmed through it. It seems that Alice and Bob both split locally
> according to the results they get, but then rely on magic to prevent the
> incorrect pairs ever meeting.
>

> I think you can interpret it as decoherence spreads at light speed from
> Alice's measurement event and decoheres Bob's system when it comes within
> the future light cone of Alice's measurement....and vice versa, which is
> why it needs to assume MWI to maintain symmetry between Alice and Bob.
>
> Brent

It is paragraphs like this that seem to me to appeal to magic:

Bruce

 "It is only when Alice and Bob interact that correlations are established.
Let us assume for the moment that both Alice and Bob always push their
buttons before interacting. The magical rule is that an Alice is allowed to
interact with a Bob if and only if they jointly satisfy the conditions of
the nonlocal box set out in Table 1
<https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/21/1/87/htm#table_body_display_entropy-21-00087-t001>
.
"For example, if Alice pushes button 1, she splits. Consider the Alice who
sees green. Her system can be imagined to carry the following rule: You are
allowed to interact with Bob if either he had pushed button 0 on his box
and seen green, or pushed button 1 and seen red. Should this Alice ever
come in presence of a Bob who had pushed button 1 and seen green, she would
simply not become aware of his presence and could walk right through him
without either one of them noticing anything. Of course, the other Alice,
the one who had seen red after pushing button 1, would be free to shake
hands with that Bob."

"When they meet, the correlations they experience are simply due to the
matching rule that determines which Alices are allowed to interact with
which Bobs,"

Bruce