> On 27 Sep 2019, at 02:50, spudboy100 via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I still haven't read Carroll's book I downloaded because it's more
> intellectually enervating to view this argument. Beyond this, let us do a
> Useless Straw Poll here. If you were forced to choose the shape of reality,
> between 3 options, which one would you choose?
> 1)One Universe, 42 or 78 billion light years in extent, no next door
> neighbors.
> 2) The Multiverse. Could be MWI, could be Chaotic Inflation, could be
> subdomains, could be Tegmark's levels..?
> 3) One super-giant...Infinite Cosmos
> Preferences? Why? Lower tax rates? Low crime rate? Keep out the Riff-raff?

You forget

4) zero universe

“4)” is logically implied by Mechanism (used by Darwin, and unfortunately (for
them) materialist (making them inconsistent);

All you need to understand is what is a computation. Then it is simple to show
that all computations exists, and have a very complex subtle redundancy
structured by the universal machine themselves in arithmetic.

And that explains the appearance of a quantum multiverse, assuming 0 (physical)
universe.

Bruno