On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 6:53 AM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And local hidden variables are ruled out by experiment *only* if you
> assume things are realistic. Well OK... technically you also have to assume
> things are not Superdeterministic, but if that's not a reasonable
> assumption nothing is.

I still 'really' have no idea what you mean by' realism'. I suggest you
read Maudlin's paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.1826

He discusses the EPR criterion of realism, known usually as "Einteinian
realism" and shows that this criterion is analytic -- depending only on the
meanings of the words involved. Rejecting Einstein's version of realism
does not invalidate Bell's result (it just shows that you do not know what
the words mean.....) -- the observed violations of Bell's inequality show
that nature is non-local.

Bruce