On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 6:16:33 PM UTC-5, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 5:29:21 PM UTC-5, Philip Thrift wrote:
>>

>> But the path integral is both interpretation of quantum computing -
>> https://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0607151 (2006) - and algorithm for the
>> Google quantum computer simulator - https://arxiv.org/abs/1807.10749
>> (2018). The Google quantum computer paper does not mention "many worlds".
>>
>> @philipthrift
>>

> No it is not. I have worked a derivation of a path integral here before.
> If I have to I will do it again. There is nothing in a path integral
> outside of plain vanilla QM or QFT. Dowker and others start to assign
> ontological meaning to paths and the rest and launch into interpretation.
>
> LC

That's not what the two arXiv papers linked to above suggest.

And as the first one points out, there is the version of QM based on *state
vectors and the wave function*.  But saying these exist (in an
interpretation of quantum computing) is as "outlandish" as positing *paths
or histories *as the basic ingredients.

@philipthrift