Events are really just materials extended into the fourth dimension of time.

Idealism is of course rather silly. The idea that all that exists is
consciousness is a "feel good" idea that is utterly preposterous. It is a
conceit that should make any reasonable person feel rather ill. We are in
fact not ideal. The only empirically supportable purpose that might exist
for the human species is for us to grab onto what ever we can in the
natural world and convert it all into trash. We are doing a damned good job
of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faU-SK0pHCI

LC