> On 10 Nov 2019, at 20:01, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 5:42:50 AM UTC-7, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> On 8 Nov 2019, at 01:13, Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>> wrote:

>>> You will loss the ability to get the interference, because it is hugely
>>> more complex to isolate a cat from the environment, so its alive or dead
>>> state will be pass on you unavoidably very quickly.  See my explanation to
>>> Grayson why any (unknown) interaction of an object in a superposition state
>>> makes it logically impossible to remain in a superposition relatively to
>>> you. It uses only very elementary algebra. The quantum effect, to be
>>> exploited, require perfect isolation, which is impossible for most
>>> macroscopic object. But some “macro-superposition” have been obtained with
>>> superconducting device. In fact, superconductor is a quantum macroscopic
>>> effect.
>>
>> Aside from the isolation problems the de Broglie wavelength of a cat is
>> extremely small so to get an interference pattern the slit and slit spacing
>> must be correspondingly small.  The C60 experiment was     only made
>> possible by the development of the Tablot-Lau interferometer.
>>
>> Brent
>>
>> I've made this point before; the decoherence time for a cat is very very
>> short, but how does this effect the point Schroedinger wanted to make, since
>> the cat is in that paradoxical superposition for some short but finite
>> duration? AG
>
> Once the cat is alive + dead, he remains in that state for ever.
>
> Then how come we NEVER observe that state? AG

Because the observable are defined by their possible definite outcome, and for
reason already explained, macroscopic superposition decoder, that is get
entangled with the environment at a very high speed. So, if you look at the cat
in the a+d state, you are duplicate almost immediately into a guy seeing the
cat alive + the guy seeing the cat dead, and QM explained why they cannot
interact, although they might interfere themselves.

> I don’t see any mean to avoid this without introducing non unitary phenomena.
> [T]he accessibility to interference is very short, because we can’t isolate
> the cat,
>
> Then without interference, the superposition ceases to exist! AG

Relatively to me or you, but, in principles, they do not cease to exist, they
just cease to be detectable.

Bruno